This is a simple recipe that will help you make a simple pub style chicken breast burger that tastes amazing and with little effort and great results. Plus you get to beat the Sh*t out of some chicken with a rolling pin, and if that doesn’t impress you, I don’t know what will.
What you’ll need.
1 Large Chicken Breast Per person.
1 Bread Bun per Person.
Let’s face it, most of that bit isn’t rocket science .
1 Whole Lettuce
1 Beefsteak Tomato
1 Red Onion.
1 Tablespoon Mayo for each burger.
Create a Burger Assembly line:
1. Put the Mayo in a small dish and add the juice of the Lemon, a little cracked black pepper and the zest of the lemon and mix them together.
Be sensible with this, obviously if your only making two burgers, don’t go adding all the lemon and a sh*t ton of pepper.
2. Slice the Onion in a way that you get some decent sized onion rings, probably 2 or 3 per burger.
3. Cut some decent sizes of lettuce leaf, about 4 inches by 4 inches.
4. Cut the Beefsteak Tomato into slices about 5mm thick. (Yes I’m aware that I’ve gone from imperial to metric but it’s easier than saying 1/8 of an inch)
5. Slice the buns in two.
That’s your assembly line complete now you can prep everything poultry wise.
1. Put the Chicken breasts in small food bags with a little oil, some salt and pepper and seal the bag. Be sure to get all the air out of the bag… Trust me.
2. Roll the Chicken Breast around in the bag until covered evenly with the oil and seasoning.
3. Hit the Chicken with a rolling pin. Beat the thing until it’s about a 1/2 inch thick.
Repeat for each piece if Chicken.
Pre-heat a griddle pan over a medium-high heat and add the Chicken Breast to the pan. Turn the chicken breasts occasionally, every 4 or 5 minutes.
Cook for 12 minutes or until cooked through. Beating the Chicken Breast will give your chicken a whole new texture and great taste!
Time to build your Burgers
1. Spoon some of the Mayo onto the bottom half of the burger bun and spread evenly across the bun.
2. Add the Chicken breast on top of that.
3. Add the Lettuce, Tomato and Red Onion Ring.
4. Put the top of the bun on the stack.
Obviously this is just a Burger recipe, you could serve this with Chips as shown, or throw some Nachos on the plate. Diced Potatoes are great with this too. Go with whatever works for how hungry you are!