Sausage Casserole’s are absolutley awesome. I mean, who doesn’t like sausages? Whether with mash, or yorkshire puddings or whatever you put them with sausages are brilliant so by extension sausage casseroles are awesome. And this particular one is brilliant, its quick, simple, cheap to make and they taste awesome, so if you want a sausage casserole to feed the family, or just to warm your cockles on a cold winter night then this is the recipe for you.
- 1 Pack of 8 Pork Sausages
- 3 Good Quality Medium Sized Potatoes
- 1 Onion
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp Mild Chilli Powder
- 1 Tin Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 Tin Butter Beans
- 100g Garden Peas
- 200 ml Pork Stock
- 200g Bacon Lardons
- You’ll need some sort of casserole dish
I mean, that’s not the priciest bunch of ingredients is it? Now when we combine them we’re gonna make something tasty!
Method, Process or you know whatever you want to call it, but its the bit where you make it.
- Pre-heat an oven to 200 degrees C
- Finely chop the onions and crush the garlic.
- Add some oil to a pan and put over a medium heat, soften the onions and garlic
- Add the sausages to the pan and cook until the sausages are browned on the outside.
- Throw in the Bacon
- Add the Paprika and Chilli Powder to whats going on in the pan and cook through the bacon.
- Add the pork stock and the tomatoes and warm through.
- Drain and wash the butter beans and then add to the pan.
- Simmer for 5 minutes to allow the beans to start to cook through.
- Add the peas and then, while thats warming slice the potatoes into chunks about half a cm thick.
- Add the sausage mixture to your casserole dish.
- Place the potato slices ontop of the casserole
- Season the top of the casserole and put the casserole in the oven
- Cook in the oven for 1hr, and then serve.